Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:21:03 -0500
>>While many of the facts presented can be verified, as so often is the case with propaganda, a toxic payload of insinuation,
speculation and misinformation rides along.

> There is a good reason why the French Supreme Court ruled the way it did.

Of course, and if you read the facts behind it, the decision seems to be realted to the interpretation of the words used.  I assume it was a French word, too, given the jurisdiction.

In English, the word "biodegradable" has been stretched so far in every direction as to be meaningless, and not just by Monsanto .

(Sorta like the word, "honey").

> You would not want to be exposed to glyphosate if you were, for instance, a pregnant woman hoping for a healthy baby. Or would you now?

I think, around here, pretty well everyone is exposed to Roundup to some degree.  That might explain why I am so relaxed about the matter and everyone else sees this as a hot button and immediately goes crazy.  In spite of all the hype and exaggeration, life seems to go on and people live longer tha their forebears.

It also seems that anyone can find a study that proves whatever needs to be proven. 'Science' is a whore.

> Not sure if you noticed but the newsletter notes BBC News - an international standard for unbiased reporting as the source of the information - as the source of the news.

If you checked my reference, you will have noted how propagandists make a point of featuring reputable sources to establish a credible base point from which they digress farther and farther from objectivity.

No matter.  This topic has little to do with bees and some are regretting that the original post was OKed, due to the predictable knee-jerk reaction from believers.

BEE-L tries to be an objective and balanced list, and it is first and foremost about bees.

Topics like "orgainc", "Monsanto", and "GMO" invariably come up, and just like the woird,"Nazi" on USENET, this signals the end of rational discussion and closure of the thread.

Let's consider this topic closed and anyone who wants to continue should consult the adequate resources proffered and pursue it off-list, assuming they can find anyone who cares to debate.