From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:23:35 -0600
?
> Meta-Analysis is an approach used in epidemiology, medicine - when looking
> at hundreds of papers - this is a VERY small set of papers to be subjected
> to  'meta' analysis, and with small data sets, excluding any can have a
> large effect  on the results.

Interesting opinion but not one I share. having read through twice only two
studies were left out and I accept the reason why. The author has only a
small amount of studies to work with. Perhaps the results will change in
future Meta- Analysis studies but the conclusions are clear in the analysis
we are looking at (at least in my mind)
Yes!

From the conclusions:
"These findings raise renewed concern about the impact of the neonicotinoids
on honey bees that forage in agriculturally intensive landscapes"

What I see and also confirmed by all my fellow beekeepers which keep bees in
both *agriculturally intensive landscapes *(row crops and areas where the
neonics are used on 80-100% of the crops) is problems. Similar hives made up
in spring thrive in the range country. I started seeing the above before
Jerry named CCD.
CCD only confuses the issue of the neonics (which delights the chemical
companies).

From the conclusions:
"Given our current inability to resolve any of the preceding four
complications, it is not currently possible to be precise about the impact
of trace dietary neonicotinoids on the health & fitness of honey bees in the
FIELD and these issues are targets for future research . "(Randy,s neonics
study?)

I think the Meta -analysis paper is valuable and would suggest doing again
in a year incorporating new studies.

Others opinions ?

bob