From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:07:07 -0700
>ALL the CCD hives tested positive for N. ceranae.

Only those in the Cox-Foster paper.  Many more have been been found to be
negative for nosema.  I have tested several of my collapsing colonies.  Some
have high titers of nosema, some have none.

If N ceranae were always present in CCD colonies, the research teams might
have thought that they found the cause.  But it does not appear to be so.

Bob, after reading the European literature last year, and corresponding with
the researchers, I intially thought that N ceranae might be the culprit
behind CCD.  IMHO, it is causing considerable problems, but there is
something else going on.  My guess is that it is viral.

The situation is very complex.  I will be detailing in my series in prep.

Randy Oliver