From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2014 07:20:44 -0800
>What is the rightful place of beekeeping amongst all other USA
agricultural giants that are holding their hands out for government
subsidies?

There are beekeepers who learn how to "work the system" to their benefit,
at the expense of the taxpayer.  Since I am solely in the latter category,
I have issues with the ethics of such practices.

On the other hand, Christina, perhaps a better question would be what
proportion of ARS funding goes to bee research.  Bees currently get about a
tenth as much funding as that for beef.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA