From:
Huguet - Sumner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:37:17 -0400
 Hi!
I am a graduate student at SUNY Albany, going for my PhD. I am presently taking a class on Evaluation and have to write a paper on what criteria are used to judge and establish ranking. This paper has to be written on a subject that is not in my field of expertise.

I remember reading in this listserv about one of the members receiving a blue ribbon for the quality of his honey, and thought it would be a wonderful opportunity for me to learn more about honey . and get my paper done at the same time.

This is what I need:
1)       General information about the state/country/county fair (when, where it takes place,  how big it is,  how long etc.) you attended
2)       What criteria must your honey meet for you to be able to enter it in a competition?
3)       Are there different categories, and if so, what are they, and how are they established?
4)       What criteria, and what process are used to judge the honey? Do state, country and county fairs have different criteria for judging honey?
5)       How are the judges selected?
6)       Who could I get in touch with if I have more questions about the fair you recommend?
7)       What books or articles should I read on this subject?
8)       Is there a site where I could go to where criteria are listed?

You may want to respond directly to me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your help and advice.

 Marie-Pierre