From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2013 10:08:33 -0700
>We are still waiting for a response on this. It would be greatly
appreciated,
>I doubt you are really interested in what I have to say?

I for one am!  But I interested in facts and field observations more so
than opinions.  If you think that I did not get something right, I want to
know what it was, so that I can correct my error.  Bob, a lot of people
read what I write, and I want to get that information correct!

>You don't do bee  research while working on your day job do you Pete?
(chuckle)

I do, and it's a tough row to hoe!  Trying to understand bee health and
management issues is a labor of love--I don't begin to get compensated for
the hours that I put into it (think about how many hours I put into the
discussion of neonic toxicology with Christina).  I do so only because I
want to find out the truth about things, not to prove a point or to promote
an "opinion."

And then there is the actual field and lab research that I do, with some
funding from donations to my website.  I have to squeeze the tedious hours
for such field experiments on top of running the thousand hives that
actually pay my bills.  It takes time to weigh and grade a hundred or more
hives at a time, and I need to pay my sons out of my pocket for their time.
 In the past month I have started two new field trials, and am working out
the details for two more that I plan to start soon.  Plus I've got the
incubator warmed up to run some incubator trials for nosema treatments.  I
clearly juggle too many irons.

But Bob, this is an informed discussion group.  If you want to state an
opinion, please be prepared to back it up with evidence, so that we can
discuss points, rather than throw opinions at each other!  In that way
perhaps we can all learn something.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA