Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:17:16 GMT
>>Everyone agrees it does.  It certainly can help to
remove established hives and swarms from residential
structures...

I might try it in a tree removal.  Unless the hole is large enough to get an arm inside, it's not possible/easy to remove the combs without cutting the tree.

No need for Bee Quick in structure removals since structures can be disassembled.

I am interested in the substance as a deterrent though after a colony has been completely removed and the nest space filled with insulation.  I want to deter another swarm from moving into an adjacent section of the wall.  It's impossible for any remover to insulate an entire structure without a tremendous cost.

If Bee Quick can be used as a deterrent, how long will it last before the active ingredients evaporate or disintegrate?  I'd like something that will last for at least a couple of seasons.

>>Yes, one can drive the queen out every so often...

Perfect in a tree application perhaps.

>>But the fantasy of driving the bees out of a cavity,
vacuuming them up off an exterior wall, and driving
off with a check in your pocket is a fantasy.

I did not notice anyone having such a fantasy...  This sort of half-done job would be guaranteed liability and an invitation for law suits.  Besides you would still leave a lot of bees behind!  What owner would present you with a check when there are bees still flying?

Waldemar