From:
Mike High <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 22:31:30 -0400
Gee, I'm REAL sorry that some of us (most of us?) didn't contribute.
Sure, I feel sorry for Gary, but lets differentiate here, he was trying
to set up a COMMERCIAL operation. A good many of us are hobbyists.
If Gary had lost his back-yard pass-time, I think the money recieved
would have more than been enough to set him back up. But since he was
starting a business, I'm REAL SORRY that we didn't get him all fixed up.
I guess he never heard of insurance, huh? Most people have. Also let me
say I dont usually get asked to help rebuild business when the are
destroyed. I happen to enjoy the hell out of my local hardware store & I
am good friends with its owner. But if someone burnt the place down, I'd
hardly expect him to go about asking donations from his friends to
rebuild. You might well be "peed off" but most of us are working pretty
hard to keep food on the tables & a roof over our heads. I can't speak
for ALL, but I just dont have anything to give. As far as the world
class advice, last time I looked, it was FREE, if anyone wishes to
charge for it, I'm afraid they're on the wrong list. I just
re-subscribed to this list last month, hoping some of the rediculous,
non- beekeeping topics were gone. Silly me. I guess I'll just
re-un-subscribe. To all I've talked with ITELLEGENTLY on here, I'll miss
you. To those who insist on using this list as a crying towel, to hell
with you.....
                    Mike