From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:20:37 -0500
> Are there any areas that don't have exposure?
> Can we identify those places?

Sure, come on down to organically-managed New York City, where the only
known insecticide uses are on the (rumored use on) cherry blossoms at the
Brooklyn Botanical Garden, and the (confirmed and well documented)
occasional nighttime deployment of Ultra-Low-Volume truck-mounted spraying
of Anvil 10/10 when mosquitos confirmed to be carrying West Nile Virus are
detected.  But we get 72-48 hours advance notice by zip code, and GPS
trackplots of where they drove within hours of the spray runs.  Anyway,
there are no known hives in any front yards where the spray could hit them.

Come on down when it warms up, and take all the samples you like, they will
all test out as clean as a whistle.  Sadly, this has not resulted in any
better survival rates for queens, colonies, feral swarms, or even my
precious bumblebee colonies.  Our bees fare no better or worse than anyone
else, we just have far, far purer honey as a result, down to the limit of
detection.

Golf courses, even cemeteries, everyone scrambles to be as "green" as
possible, as all live in fear of some hipster tweeting or instagramming
their way into inciting a riot, or worse, a flash mob, or worst of all, a
boycott.