From:
Edward A Craft Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 12:21:01 -0500
>I would learn a lot if Ed would respond  to the comments so far on this
>thread with information as to the look-actions
>of the two queens,  the brood status (eggs?   pattern?  number?),  Status of
>nector and pollen in the area this time of year,  and if known, whether new
>queens occur in single mode at this time.   Answers here would help ME draw
>some conclusions to the question asked.  Answers from a number of beekeepers
>in central Florida  would be interesting too!
>----------

Sorry for the shortage of information. I was late for an appointment.
The bees are Italians. The queen came from Kona. After I made the split
I left both queens in the hive. I figured if they'd both lay eggs that
would be fine with me. One of the queens was obviously larger then the
other. Both were walking around on the same frame in the same manner that
I am used to seeing them act. At one point they went right past one another.
The hive was full of brood and eggs. Some honey was present but not much
in the brood chamber. I run singles with excluders. Being in Central Florida
we do still have plenty of pollen from wildflowers. I can still shake nectar.
Drones are also in abundant supply. I still see some alongside worker brood.
As for the question on whether new queens occur in single mode, I don't
think that I understand what you are asking.

                     Thanks for the replies Ed

Ed Craft
14887 Oldham Dr
Orlando, FL 32826