From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:45:53 -0400
This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the BEE-L
list
at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove an entire quote of a
previous article.

----------------- Original message (ID=2C095DBD) (57 lines)
-------------------
From: "Bob Young" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology"
Subject: Re: Screen boards and feeding
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:24:48 -0500

Richard,
When it is cold I feed in the  hive with a wooden hive top feeder, but when
it is warm I will set up a feeder a hundred feet or so from the hives and
feed everybody at once. That said, just remember to not let it run dry if
there is a nectar dearth because it can set off robbing.
If you have several hives at that location, they will really get after it;
I have seen them take a couple gallons of sugar water in two hours.
Be prepared for the enormous cloud of bees around the feeder.
Bob Young
Lindale,TX