From:
bob harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:50:11 -0500
Karen DeHond wrote:

> This is my second year of beekeeping and it has gone very well.  We removed
> honey Aug. 1st and it is almost clear, extremely sweet and some find a
> slight minty taste.  It's beautiful, does anyone have an idea what the main
> component might be?  Previous years the honey has been a light caramel
> color.
Hi Karen,
From your vivid description i imagine New Yorkers will give their ideas
as to the possible source. I only write to say all honey has a certain
amount of pollen in it. I saw a book once which showed what most common
pollens look like under a microscope. A USDA rep told me they could put
a honey smear under a microscope and tell exactly the source of most
U.S. honeys as each pollen grain is different as is each snowflake.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa,MO.