From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:41:07 -0800
>about the research you *found* in a search.

Didn't have to *search* it Bob, was already something I had found some time
ago in doing basic research on the subject.

> >I hope before you guys leap on my posts you understand what I have said.

I was only *leaping* on your continual need to diss the reasearchers--who
are generally way ahead of you!

> >I am speaking to the lethal mixes of neonicotinoids and fungicides!

Bob, the lethal mix that has been widely misreported was between pyrethroids
and fungicides, not with neonics!

>Find me some research in this area?

Schmuck, et al 2003 Field relevance of a synergistic effect observed in the
laboratory between an EBI fungicide and a
chloronicotinyl insecticide in the honeybee (Apis mellifera L, Hymenoptera)
"Our results suggest that, at the recommended use rates, thiacloprid poses a
negligible lethal risk to honeybees when applied either alone or in tank
mixes with fungicides of various chemical classes."

>Why will not Bayer fund such research?

Why in the world would you make such a statement.  Bayer has, and will
likely continue to fund such research!

Bob, I'm not disputing that pesticides can cause problems.  I've been on the
forefront of bringing fungicide issues to beekeepers' attention.  Ditto for
supplementary nutrition.

My only beef with you is that you continue to say derogatory things about
researchers, and that you shoot from the hip, without doing your homework.
You post inflammatory statements as though they were fact, when a simple
check on your part would have brought you up to date with reality.

I hope you have an *uneventful* trip home (that is the term that we wish
each other when we take off on bee moves--we've had more than our share of
breakdowns, buried in the mud, and accidents over the years, so *uneventful*
is a good thing).

Randy Oliver