From:
Gordon Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 19:23:18 +0100
On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Andy Nachbaur wrote:

>   Yes, we could work hard all our lives, save all our money and
> spend it all to make Pure Honey the standard for all other foods to
> follow, but I fear in the end we would be in the same place as the
> Cattle Industry in Great Britain, at the end of a long "green" rope.

Hi all,

A clarification here -- I'm not sure how this affair has been
reported elsewhere. No-one yet knows the real truth for sure,
it may be years before we do.

Cattle farmers in the UK were feeding *approved* concentrated
feeds to their livestock, typically in ignorance of the actual
ingredients. They bought their feed in good faith, unaware
that they were feeding processed sheep offal. Many are rightly
horrified at what is seen as an offence to nature. For some,
their cattle are sick too. For all, the value of their cattle
has plummeted. Most are innocent of any malpractice. All are
victims of intensive farming practices, the real or imagined
consequences and the resulting hysteria.

Take care. Regards,
--
Gordon Scott   [log in to unmask]      [log in to unmask] (work)
The Basingstoke Beekeeper (newsletter)      [log in to unmask]