From:
Thom Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:39:30 -0400
Ron,
        I saw this for the first time this year. Here, my standard practice is
to prop the outer cover up with a stick to afford 1/2" space above the
inner cover for improved vent. and an upper entrance. The bees don't
seem to see this as a violation of bees space as it is outside the hive,
above the inner cover. A colony propolized the gap in the covers nearly
closed (unusual here) and was the only hive of the 6 I had there to do
so. It ran, down the outside of the box.
Thought I'd pass on I saw the same thing.

Thom Bradley
Chesapeake, VA