Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2017 15:05:20 +0000
Here in the beekeeping community, as well as in the public community, there are those who cast blame for past transgressions onto the current community.   What's done is done and cannot bee undone.  We have to take what we have, evaluate, and then make decisions on how to proceed.  We can't rescind the importation of honey bees to the western hemisphere.  We can't kill off all the European/Africanized honey bees so that native pollinators have a better chance at foraging.  We can't destroy history so as to make things "not so".   Seems a lot of people don't want to study history so as to avoid making repeated mistakes so much as to push history under the covers so as to make it seem, again, "not so".   Is it ignorance or just plain lack of courage to face things as they are? Mike in LA