From:
"Steven A. Creasy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 19:00:58 PST
Hello All!

Here's one for you.  I had some partially capped shallow frames (0-80%)
that I put in a small room with a dehumidifier and heater to remove
moisture from. (It was later tested and shown to be 18.8% moisture)
While trying to regulate the temperature in the room, it got up to 100
degrees.  I only had 4 supers total, so I put my fully capped honey in
the room also.  I came back later, and to my dismay, 6-8 frames of the
earilest, lightest, fully capped honey had the middles melted out.  I
had them in the bathtub and was able to catch 2 1/2 qts. for later use
as food (?).

My question is this.  Will the bees repair frames of comb that is fully
drawn but  20-40% of the middle section gone, or should I start over
again next year with foundation?

So THIS is experience!!!!

Steve in Maryville, TN