From:
Stephen Bambara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 1991 13:45:06 -0500
	This notice is a little self-serving, but I wanted to inform
BEE-L people of two publications produced by the North Carolina
Beekeepers
Association.
	The first is the annual beekeeping calendar.  It focuses on
management
hints for N.C. beekeepers, but has application to much of the
Eastern U.S.
and, hopefully, interest to a broader audience.  It sells for $5
nonmembers of the NC Beekeepers Assn., but if you mention BEE-L
in your
order, I'll have them knock off $1.  (I'm on good terms with the
author.)
	The second publication is an "Atlas of Selected Pollen
Important
to Honey Bees in the Eastern United States".  This is comprised
of 64
electron micrographs of 37 different pollens collected by honey
bees.  The
photos can be useful in determining honey type or which flowers
bees have
been visiting.  This book is available for $10 post-paid.  All
proceeds
go the Association's Science fund, and the authors get nothing.

	calendar      $4.00
	pollen book   $10.00
				N.C. State Beekeepers Assn.
				1403 Varsity Drive