From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2017 22:31:40 -0400
> makes desiccations EXTREMLY rare.

According to the National Wheat Foundation, in 2017, "This is an uncommon treatment used in less than 3 percent of all wheat acres;" -- I would not call 2-3% extremely rare. Uncommon is the term they use. An example of extremely rare would be:

> Three girls were perfectly identical triplets, which is an extremely rare case.  Neonatologist Dr. Craig Novack has been working in the field for 22 years and has only seen one other set of identical triplets. Novack put the likelihood of having identical triplets at “one in a million.”

Compare this figure with the frequency of twins: 1 per 89 births or a little over 1%. That is uncommon, but almost everybody knows some twins.

PLB