Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 07:45:40 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
"I have not carried the analysis (which would simply be
charting distance between sun and earth over time)."

I fear it is a bit more complex than that.  First, earth is in orbit around the sun.  At any instant the earth's mass acts as if it were all concentrated at a point at the center of the earth, called the center of mass.  At that point the suns gravity is exactly cancelled by the orbital motion of earth.  It makes zero difference if earth is in a circular or elliptical orbit.

However, people live on earth's surface.  Depending on time of day a person on the surface is either a bit closer or a bit father from the sun than the center of mass.  If sun is closer to the person than the center of mass it will exhibit a tiny gravitational pull while if farther the orbital velocity will cause a tiny negative pull.  You also are going to have to include latitude in the calculation to correct the gravitational vectors as well as earth's rotational velocity at that latitude to correct the earth's effective gravitational pull.  All in all a fairly straightforward and tedious calculation that is going to tell you that the influence of the sun on the vector strength and direction felt is maybe one part in a trillion or less (pure guess - I know it is way tiny and I am way too lazy to do the calc).  What you are calculating is a composite vector that sums earth's gravitational field and vector direction with what ever outside influences you
 pick such as sun and moon to calculate a composite vector for all bodies.

While the idea is good to ask I just think the change is far too small for a bee to feel.

Dick

" Any discovery made by the human mind can be explained in its essentials to the curious learner."  Professor Benjamin Schumacher talking about teaching quantum mechanics to non scientists.   "For every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong."  H. L. Mencken

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2