From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:56:32 -0500
> That is the basic reason why I have been adding acetic acid to the syrup.
> It
> is not for acidifying the food it is for fuming in the hive for killing
> nosema spores.

has any research on your method been done? I made a call and the researcher
said your concentration was to low a concentration to have any valuable
effect on N. ceranae spores. Also worried about the bees storing and then
the acetic acid getting into honey.

Please don't kill the messenger Juanse! You can treat as you like but I
needed to get a researcher opinion on your posting. Otherwise many beeks
will be dumping acetic acid in their syrup. 80% glacial acetic acid is a far
cry from 5% vinegar.

bob