Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 00:59:41 -0800
Kathy,
        Thanks for your suggested explanations.  Yes, she was marked.
When I said "unusual color", I was referring to the MARK that made me
notice her coming in for a landing.  And I ruled out that she was a new
marked queen because there were no other queens in the hive.
        And if it was a mating flight, it seems she wouldn't be very
successsful this time of year because I'm in an urban area where
beekeeping is illegal.

        Rich