From:
Paul Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 18:29:41 +1000
I am developing a walnut (Chandler variety) plantation on my farm and in the
middle of it I have started a small apiary.  Walnuts are known as "wind"
pollinators, and it is customary to intersperse pollinators of another
variety throughout the plantation.

I have been unable to find any definitive statement on whether honey bees
can have any place in the pollination of walnuts or whether walnut trees
provide any pollen or nectar to bees.

Any information or reference to relevant research on the matter would be
appreciated.
Paul Hooper
Canberra, Australia
.