From:
Joe Trattle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 17:09:45 -0400
Don't try it Mike!
The wax will soften and loose it, strength well before it actually melts.
I can just imagine the mess.
I have 8 supers of solid OSR honey in my kitchen which I am am scraping
down to the midrib with a teaspoon
a long and tedious bussiness. I will transfer the scrapings to my uncapping
tray to seperate the wax later.
I have heard that Willie Robson who runs several hundred colonies up in the
Borders(England/Scotland) just uses unwired foundation
when working OSR and cuts out the lot for melting down at the end of the
season.
I don't think there are any easy answers this one.

Regards
Joe Trattle
Norfolk UK