Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2014 11:43:58 -0500
>james fisher said
>The same group had already dominated the NY Apiary Industry Advisory
>Committee, a panel established to create the appearance of "industry
>support" for a chronically embattled and defunded State Apiary Inspection
>program.  This group has such serious problems with NY Sunshine Law
>compliance, there was a thread 128 posts long on another beekeeper
>discussion forum where the aims of this Committee, the meeting minutes, and
>the current list of board members was repeatedly requested, but never
>supplied.  Note that the "rent-seeking" group is very well-represented on
>the Advisory Committee, at the upstate chapters of the NY Farm Bureau, and
>now on the ESHPA board.

since I was the one starting the thread on another site, here is a link to the thread if you would like to read it.
it starts out about the committee and ends up discussing the ESHPA participation.  I was waiting on this thread for Aaron Morris to comment as past president or Peter Borst as current vice president.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?291173-new-york-apiary-industry-advisory-committee

what I found is that this committee was set up to advise the commissioner and terms are for 2 years. Best I can tell the original people are still on the committee. I volunteered for the committee to paul cappy, as there is no information as to how to get on the committee. The ag rep. I talked to said you must be a ESHPA member, but the law doesn't state that as a requirement.  The law also says the reps must represent specific zones, but no one can tell me where the zones are.
A note to James Fisher though they did say there is an opening for a non-commercial beek from around NYC if you are interested. I would recommend anyone that is in N.Y. to apply if they want to find out what's going on.
  At one point the ESHPA did post the minuets as part of there newsletter in the past but do not do it now.  I don't know much more than that, except from what I have been able to find out due to private PM's and talking to other members of ESHPA If James Fischer isn't a member of ESHPA he must have a good inside source, as I can't find to much in what he wrote that doesn't agree with what I have been told.
 But as I said in posts on the beesource link the ESHPA is meeting my expectations, it's for commercial beeks and all others beware:)