From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:48:20 +0100
Hi Allen

Good you come back. Well I got into the Bee-l after you have gone, but I can
see the difference with you in ... good you come back with time to spear
with the rest of us.

Over here at Chile market is a bit extrange. We were having good offer for
around U$2.5 per kilo. Then the dollar went up (from 450 to 690 Ch pesos to
the dollar) but the price in US$ was kept in the same position. There is a
lot of attention paid to our Ulmo Honey, with new buyers in the scene, but
not much inquires for other honeys. How ever we are starting out honey
season right now with medium to good perspectives. This is going to be a
very fast season. All blooms are some 10 to 20 day ahead of `past year and
the summer forecast is dry to very dry.

Now we are receiving owfull news from Argentina , two of the bigger
exporters stopped buying any honey. There are no transactions during
november in their stock market
http://apitrack.com/noticias/aaacotizacionmiel_es_open.htm and the price
there drop from Ar$7.4 to Ar$6.4. Crop perspective there are medium to good
this season.

I hope buyers do not stop consuming with this world financial crisis.

I see a trend in the packers or middle mens pushing prices down with all the
rest of the commodities.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.