From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 15:38:32 -0500
On 17 Jan 97 at 21:46, BRIAN HENSEL wrote: Re: Thanks-Nosema

> laying eggs like mad, even though winter was approaching. In just three
> months she has brought this hive back from extinction, and did it in the
> middle of winter! I chose Buckfast because of their resistance to
> varroa, their gentleness, and from all of the things I have read about
> BROTHER ADAM, and all the postings here on BEE-L.

Whoa, back up a bit! While I agree with all you have done, I must correct
one small point. There are NO Varroa resistant bees. I know there are bee
breeders who are claiming resistance to both mites, but it's all hype.
There is resistance to T-mites, and not all are 'Buckfast', in fact we
have a number of bee breeders in Ontario who have resistance but no 'Buckfast' bees
in their yards.
        So when you see "resistant to both mites' get out the salt pot, and take
it with a grain of salt!!

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive Unit 2, Orillia,
Ontario, Canada. L3V 6H1
David Eyre, Owner. Phone/Fax 705 326 7171
Agents for E.H.Thorne & B.J.Sherriff UK
http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks