From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 2015 09:15:24 -0500
Given all the other problems bees are contending with at the same time, this
does not seem an insignificant concern to me....witness the "nosema plus
neonic" paper example (there are more papers on other related topics if
anyone is interested).   Work down the road will undoubtedly continue to
show synergies that prove there is reason to be concerned about neonics

Here lies the REAL problem Christina,

Most are quite literally hell bent on proving neonics are bad and banning
them.   ANY research on neonic synergies that does not also include the
other major players in the pesticide world at realistic dosages is at best
disingenuous,  and worthless.

Whats happened is the funding floodgates are open and new thoughts and was
to test theories abound.  The idea if "synergies" causing sub lethal effects
is a bit interesting and worthy of investigation,  but it has to be done in
a way that encompasses the options.

The other thing that's often missing in research is  the "DUH" factor.   I
am an idiot,  proven it here many times!  I can tell you  without a doubt,
nosema plus pesticides, fungicides, or even cold weather,  is worse than
nosema alone.......and just to let others know  that also applies to any
other know bee virus,  like DWV  and so on....  hmmm I could get
funding!!!!!

But back on point,  unless it shown that neonics aggravate the problem worse
than Atrizine or pyrthroids,  it's a worthless paper IMO.

Charles