From:
Troy Fore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:10:15 -0400
Fellow BEE-L'ers:

I have been neglecting the list lately -- too busy with the ABF
convention and the aftermath to keep up with everything. Forgive me if
this subject has been covered recently --

EPA is evaluating pesticides to make a new risk assessment determination,
I think this ultimately could result in removal from the market. Methyl
parathion -- the active ingredient in Penncap-M -- is currently being
assessed. Comments on the preliminary risk assessment are due in
Washington no later than next Tuesday, Feb. 16 (sorry, I just learned of
this), but e-mail comments are accepted.

Any beekeeper who has had bees killed by Penncap-M should take this
opportunity to communicate with EPA and relate his/her experiences. The
preliminary risk assessments may be reviewed at this website
<http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/op/decindex.htm#methyl parathion>.

Troy Fore
Executive Director
American Beekeeping Federation