Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:26:41 -0500
Anyone who has been around this list long enough recognizes Randy's post as
one that has been a standard reply to someone starting beekeeping and
posting a beginner's question on the list. They have always, and I mean
always, been treated kindly and the question is usually answered along with
a suggestion that the list is for a narrower purpose, as noted in the
archives.

I believe Aaron has a bit of the milk of human kindness about him and does
not reject beginner's posts just because he knows that they will be kindly
answered and then asked to review information in the archives or go to other
more basic forums. To ask him to be unkind and reject posts because they are
"basic" would only turn off potential contributors as well as sour the
poster on the beekeeping community. So it is nice to have "moderators" who
help beginners along.

Randy did exactly the right thing.

And "informed" does mean just that. This list was started by researchers,
not beginning beekeepers. When I started beekeeping I went to the
sci.agbeekeeping forum and was a long time lurker on this list before
I ever
posted.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine