From:
Laura Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 1995 20:44:18 -0400
Eric,

   Thanks for you e-mail!  I will be doing as you suggested, moving a frame
of larva and eggs from the strong hive to the weak one.  I am now learning
first hand the importance of having no less than two hives.  At least one can
help the other.  The past two years in which I kept bees, I only had one
hive.  Needless to say, I didn't do so well.

   The stronger hive is doing great.  The bees have just about filled up a
super.  I'll be checking both hives in the next two days.  I plan to put a
frame of larva in the weak hive tomorrow.

   Once I get over this "battle", I'll probably start asking questions about
mites.  I lost my hive last year to mites.  I don't want it to happen again
this year.

   Thanks again!

Laura Downey
Maryland