From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2017 08:44:35 -0700

> >Not fair,  or correct,  You can't fairly use terms like "cherry picking"
> and "straw man"  just because you disagree.

Fairness implies not using logical fallacies in a friendly debate.  You may
wish to check https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

> > Resistant forms already exist and mutate on their own.  While you can
> safely argue eliminating one strain leaves holes for the other to fill, you
> can't be claiming there all created by overuse?? Or that stopping some
> usage solves the problem??

That's exactly what i'm claiming, and it is strongly supported by
evolutionary biology.  It's not the mere existance of rare resistant
strains, its their prevalence that we are concerned with.  Did you read the
Scientific American article that I previously linked????

Bacteria and fungi were battling for billions of years prior to mankind's
development of antibiotics.  So of course there are some antibiotic
resistant bacteria.  What humans do, similar as to how we beekeepers select
for miticide-resistant mites, is to shift the genetic structure of the
pathogen by overexposure to our control substances.

> >We keep referring to propalactic treatment,  it’s a garbage term thrown
> about by those of us with no specific knowledge of the situation.

And also used by those of us with years of experience with it.  Hardly a
"garbage" term.

> >Certain antibiotics in feeds shows clearly increased weight gains

No one is disputing that.

> >The problem is that regulations such as this are an idiotic (IMO) way to
> handle it.  Free market works fine,  and has for a long time.

Actually, it doesn't.  It results in child and slave labor, massive
environmental pollution, etc.  A free market without some degree of
regulation can cause serious problems.  I'm personally a huge believer in
the free market, but also realize that we need to sometimes step in.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA