From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:09:33 -0700
> > but not for long on pollen without honey.

> But how can this be? Isn't beebread pollen/honey mixed so it has
> compliments of both for sustainablilty?

No  Beebread is AFAIK, mostly pollen, preserved with some sugars.

> Where/when in beehive is just pollen eaten?

Young bees eat pollen.   Pollen is essential for brood rearing.  Adult bees
can survive for extended periods without pollen, if not raising brood.

I'm not big on the references, but I'll bet that Peter can cite you till the
cows come home and your eyes glaze over.

> Never heard of that.......so correct me if I am wrong!!! LIke humans on
> junk food relative to honey and then go on protein diets to get trim
> again..........is this what beebread could do? or does?

> I personally hate these comparisons since they are so (sorry) --
> artificial and bogus.  Things are what they are and forcing analogies can
> obscure the truth.

Beebread is preserved pollen.  It has an energy component, but is most
precious for brood rearing.

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com
---
A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a
scholar. -- Lao-Tzu (570?-490? B.C.)