From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:43:01 +0000
In article <[log in to unmask]>, CSlade777 <[log in to unmask]>
writes
>As I understand it having attended a lecture from Dr Watkins at the National
>Honey Show last November,  the chemical is the same (fluvalinate) in both
>Apistan and Bayvarol but the method of delivery is subtly different as the
>different plastic strips used do not allow the fluvalinate molecules to arrive
>at the surface at the same rate.
> My apologies to Dr Watkins if I have misunderstood and also for trying to
>encompass part of a long and fascinating lecture in a single sentence.
>Chris Slade

Apistan's active ingredient is fluvalinate.
Bayvarol's active ingredient is flumethrin.

Not EXACTLY identical substances but VERY closely related, which is why,
I am led to believe, that resistance trials in USA show resistance
developing to both substances stemming from exposure only to
fluvalinate.

Murray
--
Murray McGregor