From:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 00:05:12 -0500
Hello Tim,
    During the spring and fall when temperatures are in the sixties or lower
I turn the ventilation box upside down to reduce the ventilation. With the
weather You experience, I think I would leave it that way except for the
very hot days of summer, and I might reduce the entrance a bit. In
Massachusetts, We have a lot of hot and muggy days(last summer it seemed
they would never end) so the ventilation is very helpful.

I also have hives that slow down during cooler weather while others are
working like crazy. But in My opinion this is due to genetics( maybe they
have more Mediterranean genes than the others), as most of My hives are
Buckfast and I think sometimes some traits show stronger in some queens.
Garry Libby
Attleboro, MA