From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:15:39 -0500
If the NYS Apiary Inspection Program was so corrupt why did it take 75 or 80 years to expose that fact?

Where are the cases of people, Apairy Inspectors, arrested and prosecuted for stealing beehives? Or even the cases of Apiary Inspectors taking inside information of good forage and using that to their own advantage and to the detriment of other beekeepers?

Why is everything focused on the Apiary Inspectors and not those one step or two steps up the chain of command? I was required to reregister all of my apiaries prior to employment. I had to have hives inspected before they were taken South. And vice versa. Everyone who needed to know knew I owned beehives and knew what I did w/ them. But Apiary Inspectors lost jobs?

Actually, Apiary Inspectors don't have jobs. They are hired or not, every year. Having to fill out W-2s and such every year. So, no one was fired. They simply weren't hired again, unless they gave up all of their bees and equipment.