From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 09:22:30 -0700
On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Alida Francisco Janmaat wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm running a workshop for kids, ages 10-13, on honey bees and I'm
> looking for ideas on activities that deal with honey bee behavior.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance!
> Alida

When my kids where this age they used to take their 'pet bees' into the
local pet show.  Not only did the always win but the judges awarded the
prizes very quickely.

We would select a drone and tie a piece of black thread around the bee
between throax and abdomen.  He now acts like a noisy helium baloon with
the kid on the other end of the thread.

Eric Abell                           email: [log in to unmask]
Gibbons, AB, T0A 1N0
Canada
(403) 998 3143