From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2017 15:42:39 -0700

> >Ultimately there is the inevitable passage of time, the crucible in which
> the truth is inevitably distilled, whether it takes years, decades or
> centuries.

Nicely put, Jose : )

>Round-Up is detected in many foods, so voicing concerns is not unwarranted fear
mongering.

So are a million other natural and manmade chemicals--every one which it
toxic to humans at some level.

>Seralini's study is not discredited at all

Only by any scientist who has closely read and analyzed it, as I did.
myself.

We should all be concerned about what goes into our mouths.  The question
is, where is the line that such concern is actually backed by data, or
whether it is generated by unwarranted fear mongering.  Much of the fear
mongering regarding food today is funded by companies wanting to sell foods
labeled as "organic, GMO-free, natural, etc" since it makes consumers more
willing to pay a higher price.  The question is, is there truly a reason to
be afraid?

Keep in mind the damage done by the fear mongering about  fat in our foods
(which led to the sales pitch of "fat free"), or the debacle of the
anti-vaccine movement.

I'm the first one who is willing to pay for premium, safe food, as well as
having until recently managed my gardens and orchards according to the
arbitrary organic certification rules.  But the more I learn about
toxicology and agriculture, the more I question the simple narratives.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA