From:
Ernest Gregoire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 13:02:54 PST
Hello Gang,

I know that the list here is a bit slow, so perhaps
this is a good time to request that EVERY ONE,  on
the list check their E-mail programs and set the
automatic quote to (OFF).

Excessive quoting is a big problem to those who pay
for internet service by the byte. It increases down load
time considerably . I subscribe to more than one list at
various times of year, some lists produce over 100
e-mails daily.

When some one answers a posted message, they already know
what they said, so do the rest of us, because we have
also read it. It is also easy enough to pick up the
thread as it develops, so please shut off your
auto-quotes and don't do it manually either.
A simple one or two line quote will usually do the tirck.

When answering multiple questions, the same thing applies.
Use just enough of the orriginal question to get the gist of what was
said, and no more.

Quoting entire messages is very bad net-iquette.

de AA1IK,

Ernie Gregoire

R.R. 1, Box 221,
South Rd.