From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:30:47 +0000
" We are losing a battle on what I view as an important HELPFUL pesticide,"

OK Charlie now I get it.
You have an opinion that you want to support. You VIEW the neonics as "helpful" so you are supportive of anything that will corroborate your view. This is anathema to science. In science, we MUST be objective...we cannot "root for the team" (our favorite idea). Hence our trouble...we can't support unsubstantiated "opinions". This is why climate change, fracking, etc are such troublespots for scientists...through our training, we must acknowledge that the TRUTH is not definitively known until we are certain of it. Those who take opposite views, in the meantime, are content to be definitive because they rally to opinion, not fact.

Maybe you are right. But if you are wrong, much damage will be done. Wouldn't you really like to KNOW the truth, rather than have a gut feeling about it? Christina