From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 05:55:31 -0700

> >It would appear that elimination of the application of any antimicrobial,
> (especially controversial FumagilL) could in general eliminate
> misdiagnosis,
> abuse and controversy with a very positive outcome.

I'm surprised to hear such an extreme suggestion from a vet, Don.
Antibiotics appear to me to be a useful tool for doctors, that can cure
life-threatening infections.  I would suspect that you've saved the life of
many an animal with an appropriate antibiotic treatment.

That said, I'm adamantly opposed to routine prophylactic treatments with
antibiotics.  But I do find that the occasional use of an application of
oxytet quickly clears up the current strain of EFB that has been plaguing
us.  The European alternative is to destroy the otherwise-healthy colony.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA