From:
bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 19:39:45 -0400
Earlier I posted a problem about MO.  I stated that it seemed to upset
the bees.
It was the last hive of 17 that I had to do and thought maybe I had
used too much oil because the bees were running out of the hive and I
had a hard time putting the supers back.  It also was a hot afternoon
and I thought the oil
dirpersed too fast.

This time I was very slow and deliberate.  I tried a little oil at
first and even put some in harms way for the bees.  Some got into it
pretty good.  Others I saw stick their tongues into it.  I didn't have
any bees start running around.  All went very well for the first 16
hives.

Then I got to the hive that had acted so bad last time.  I carefully
put the oil on and watched.  The bees in this hive went crazy on me
again!!!!!  My conclusion
is that something else here is in play.  I don't know what.  The hive
is in the shade and I was careful with the MO.

Just an observation that may help somebody,

billy bee