Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:03:44 -0500
Here in North Florida, 17 miles south of the Georgia line and about 45 miles
west of Jacksonville, the Maple is blooming and the bees are hard at
work..40 degree nights and 60 plus degrees during the day. My bees have been
bring in pollen, except for a brief period before Christmas, all winter..Ole
timers around here call it "fence post" honey.  Most of my hives are full to
over flowing with bees.  Will make splits sometime the last of the month.
Last year the wild cherry was blooming last of February..got supers ready.
Good luck to the keepers that are still snow bound..I think I would trade
the small hive beetle for some snow..Will Lewis..