From:
THOMPSOB <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:01:17 EST
     Keith Delaplane (Georgia) and the International Bee Research
     Association (U.K.) both have published considerable amounts of
     information regarding bumblebees (or humblebees as they are sometimes
     called in the U.K.); articles have appeared in ABJ and/ or Gleanings
     (Bee Culture). Larry Connor (Wicwas Press) stocks at least one
     book(let) on bumblebees. Wood shavings are mentioned as being an
     attractant in nest prepared for bumblebee use. Can't imagine that
     honeybee larva are any enticement to nectar/ pollen users such as
     Bombus is.
     Barry Thompson
     Rockville, MD