From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:17:48 -0700
Access over ten years of bee discussions.
Search BEE-L and sci.agriculture.beekeeping at
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/

> I am shifting from deeps to mediums. I have deeps with frames of drawn comb
> and intend to cut all down to mediums...  any problems I should anticipate?

I cut down jumbos to standards 25 years ago (stupid me -- there is no better
brood comb than a jumbo) to standardize.  I used a band saw and just cut the
bottom 2" off the combs, wax, wire, honey, and all.  A fairly fine tooth blade
with some steel cutting capability is the best.  I then just nailed on new solid
bottom bars.  A couple of finishing nails up through the bottom served to keep
the comb centred, but were not necessary usually.

No worries.

allen