From:
James Kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:25:22 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Lloyd Spear
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>  However, my thinking is that if
>we can't help out our neighbors then why are we here?
Hello Lloyd. I much prefer to persuade people to leave them alone and
let them get on with life especially for the short time left in the
season. In this case carry on with the fence and work around them. If
they absolutely cannot wait (I had someone want to demolish a wall the
other day and builders were coming in two days) then the colony can be
moved - either a few feet away or as far as you want - but obviously
with care. I have never done it but call a friend who does it regularly.
And yes I agree with the social conscience values you espouse in matters
connected with any species of bee.
--
James Kilty