From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 08:46:07 -0500
Claude -

I have been keeping bees about as long as you.  My reaction to stings seems to
have decreased with time.  Perhaps it is physical... perhaps it is
psychological.  I don't worry much about them and know when I need to watch out
for stings.

My reaction to the sting depends on where I get stung.  The usual sting is on my
arm or back of my hand.  It hurts at the time, but no more than the shin-splints
I get from running... neither stops me from that activity.  The real pain lasts
only a few minutes and the swelling and itch lasts for about a day.

I think stings on the extremities are the least problematic.  Stings on the face
and neck seem worse - the reason I choose to wear a veil.  I also hear of more
adverse reactions to these kind of stings.  I'm not surprised to here you reacted
differently to those stings.

Larry Krengel

PS  "This is my first attempt at using this site, so hope I am doing it right."
... You're doing fine.