Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2013 10:31:26 -0400
> ...trees were treated with the 1X rate... bees foraging on commercial
> citrus in California are unlikely to be negatively impacted

Again, we have a study which appears to be looking at an overview,
rather than the experience of any individual bee on any individual
flower on any individual tree receiving any particular application rate.

We know that trees, bees, soils, and the scrupulousness and consistency
of application vary over both time and space.

Not examining the data, we do not know the range of measurements and how
anomalies and outliers were treated or what assumptions were made.

> What remains to be clarified from the citrus system is the
> significance of the increased concentrations of imidacloprid within
> the stored nectar. It is important to determine the fate of
> imidacloprid residues in honey, not just as an endpoint, but also as
>  a temporal process during the time that bees within the hive could
> be exposed to contaminated honey.

Send us more money :)

Seriously, this is quite interesting and taken at face value adds one
more brick.  To my eye, even though seemingly exonerated in this study,
the product, in this application, seems to skate pretty close to the edge.

Thanks, Pete.

---
Why go fast if you can go slow?

Allen Dick
Swalwell, Alberta, Canada
51°33'37.58"N  113°18'54.24"W
Semi-retired - 40+ years keeping bees - 4500 hives max
Currently running 20 to 100 hives
Hives for sale year-round
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/