From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 11:06:59 -0400
 <<was told that in Texas honey is a raw
agricultural product until it is
extracted and bottled at which time it becomes a
manufactured food
product.  Once it is bottled and labeled, you can
not give it away or
sell it without a permit (I was so speechless, I
failed to ask whether
you could legally give it away without a
label).>>

That is why it is best to keep honey out of
government hands, at least for the small
beekeeper.
You will probably find that "they" can come and
inspect your honey house when ever they want.
How many of us use our kitchen for our honey
house?
Do you want people coming and inspecting your
kitchen?  There has to be rules for small
beekeepers.  People who try to make the laws
regarding honey do not have the insight to make
the laws unless they are beekeepers and
understand all the ramifications of their
decisions.

Billy bee