From:
Rich Pelikan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 1992 08:53:37 CDT
>        Does anyone know of any alternatives to the centrifuge-like
>        extractors?  I only have one hive and would rather not have
>        to pay $200+ for an extractor.
>
>        Has anyone ever heard of using a very cool oven to warm the
>        honey enough to get it to drip out of the comb?
>
> 			     Thanks,
>                                    Jeff
> ---
> Jeff Frontz                                              Work:  +1 614 860 279
> AT&T-Bell Labs (CB 0A-119)                               Cornet:       353-279
> att!jeff.frontz           [log in to unmask]            Home:  +1 614 924 220
Hi Jeff
You and make an extractor your self that cranks by hand. Mother Earth
News had plans for one that used a drive shaft from an outboard motor,
with a painted steel basket to hold the frames. Malcolm T. Sanford
write "Apis" out of Florida and in one of his issues the was a wax
melter that could be modified with a larger collection area. It would
be a little more work to separate wax from honey but it would be very
cheap. Let me know if you want the plan for the extractor and I'll see
if I can find the Mother Earth Issue.

Richard A. Pelikan, A275CCR
Southeast Missouri State University
BITNET:    A275CCR@SEMOVM